Well, I gave up on the homemade pattern for the gloves and bought a Kwik-Sew pattern. Silly me finally figured out that it doesn't matter if my pinky doesn't fit in a standard glove well... the McKone Raven gloves HAVE NO PINKIES. Why did I forget that?!? Anyhoo, I have a pattern now. Later this week I'm going to try to cut them out of the bolt of spandex lurking in the corner of my study. I'm losing weight slowly, so I'm not ready to cut out the dress part of the Raven outfit just yet. I want it to still fit me when I get to next Labor Day! However, the gloves should not change all that much. I can do them and the cloak (whose size shouldn't change at all), then the boots.
Ah, the boots! With my husband's clever tips, I think I have found a solution to the sole problem for my thigh boots. I have a pair of flat sandals that have served me well for several seasons. The tops are about to fall apart, but the soles are in great condition. I think I will recycle those for my boots. Spandex "hose" + Dr. Scholl's liner + some kind of heel cup + Glue! + soles may give me what I need. They are the right size, and it will be easier to remove the tops from these than from full shoes. He told me that I should take pictures of the process. If it turns out well, I might make an Instructable for it. We'll see how it goes.
I made the basic shirt for the Gar Logan bear last night. I found an old shirt of mine that I didn't wear any more and used it. It wasn't suitable for donation to Goodwill, but it would do nicely for this project. I love to recycle old clothes! I basted it and had him try it on last night, and he was quite happy with it. Later on, I will machine-sew it and add the purple collar, sleeves, and side-and-back panels. I have a piece of purple material from a Fat Quarter that will do nicely. If it turns out well, I'll post the picture of the finished product here.