Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Just When You Thought I Had Enough Hobbies...

I just got (another) book from Amazon... "The Ultimate Sashiko Sourcebook"! It's a lovely book about a form of Japanese quilting. When I get more of my Christmas knitting done (and some writing on Dawn Child!), I'd like to try some of it. It is a beautiful art, and a wonderful one to add to my fiber art skills repertoire!

Some additional information on this form of quilting:

Purl Bee Sashiko tutorial

A Short Sashiko History

Sashiko FAQ






Titans

Anybody else ready for Titans #5? I'm bouncing up and down waiting for it to come out tomorrow to see what happens. I also want to see 6 and 7... I'd really like to have Joey back and in his normal body for more than 5 minutes!




AstronomyCast

I discovered another podcast site whilst at DragonCon. The AstronomyCast site features half-hour shows, updated weekly, on various topics in astronomy. The hosts break down the information into digestible bites. I've always liked astronomy, and of course I am interested in writing some original science fiction when I get Dawn Child finished (and I will!!!!). This is some great knowledge to have in my noggin so that I can make the stories as plausible as possible.

If you enjoy astronomy, give it a listen:

AstronomyCast

I will add it to my list of favorite podcasts as well. If you listen to it, let me know what you think!




SteamPunk

Anyone else for Steampunk? This technological vision of the Victorian era is absolutely fascinating. If you are into it, you might enjoy this link on creating your own Steampunk clothing:

ThreadBanger's Steampunk episode

No comments: